Implementation planning and delivery is at the cornerstone of Falcon’s service offerings. Successfully implementing large-scale, enterprise EHRs is a very complex undertaking, with many variables. Through years of implementing health IT solutions, Falcon has developed a successful methodology to design a comprehensive implementation program with an emphasis on proper resource allocation to ensure an efficent and thorough implementation. Our methodology is deeply rooted in the following key pillars of implementation:
- Implementation Strategy and Guiding Principle: Before you kick-off any implementation, defining the strategy and guiding principles will ensure a successful project. Through many installations of EHR products, Falcon knows the best strategies and methodologies for laying out a complex multi-staged, multi-application implementation. Our Project Managers are very detail-orientated and as seasoned build consultants, we know the products our clients are implementing.
- Scope Definition: Implementing complex EHR products without a good plan, can leave ambiguity in the defined scope. Before letting scope creep destroy an on-time and on-budget implementation, bring in Falcon consultants to appropriately define and execute a well-scoped project. We know the products and we know the people affected by the implementing applications we can mitigate a lot of the risk in scope creep early on through detailed engagement.
- Process and Workflow Improvement: An EHR product will change some of your process workflows, so it is important to understand the implications of such changes. Falcon helps our clients by defining these workflow changes, implementing policies and procedures to align users with the new process, and incorporate such changes into a well-developed training and communication program.
- System Build: Falcon consultants know the technical considerations for EHR applications better than anyone, since most of us used to work for EHR vendors; this knowledge can get you through any workflow or process hold-up that is interfering with a smooth implementation.
- Testing and Organization Change Management: Several thorough and meticulous rounds of testing will ensure system and workflow agreements. Falcon consultants have implemented detailed testing projects that involved builders, end-users, and subject-matter experts, which translated into a holistic sign-off on the build and workflow changes.
- Go-Live and Support Planning: After months of defining workflows, building, testing and training, you are ready for to begin go-live support planning. Falcon has lead organizations through the resource planning for go-live, from super-user support to outsourced resource support teams to command center strategy. We have the expertise to bring clients live with the appropriate amount of support with a value-oriented approach.